Joshua D. Rutstein
Extraordinarily Creative Solutions to Complex Challenges
TheMissionZone. Derry, NH
Founder and CEO 2017- Present
Director, Capacity Management. FPCMS 2016 – 2017
- In support of business partners, developed 4 capacity plan models to quantify the staffing decisions of service line leadership.
- Present monthly recommendations of areas of focus for leadership to increase efficiency, productivity and overtime in staff management.
- Results include 10% reduction in OT, first ever views of throughput at transaction level and daily planning models enabling forward looking views of supply and demand.
Director, IT Product Management FPAIT 2013 – 2016
- Managed the overall product strategy and architecture for 14 integrated profitability models across Fidelity (FCAP).
- Coordinated the analysis efforts of 7 BSAs and their interaction with finance to design solutions for new analytical capabilities.
- Designed the solution for Asset Management to analyze profitability across 15 dimensions; a $6B P&L. Lead a multi-site development team to produce the solution on time and under budget. $3M+ in project accountability.
Director, IT Product Management FPAIT 2012 – 2013
- Led a 1 year RFP selection process to purchase a Masterdata Management solution for Finance, CTG and eventually all of Fidelity.
- Implemented a hybrid architecture of workflow capability, the purchased tool, webservices, and a data consumption/analytical layer. $2.3M in project accountability over 14 months.
- Transitioned the team to support the on-going maintenance of the MDC tool, program backlog and coordinate with new customers.
Director, Data Analysis FPAIT 2009 – 2012
- Directed a global virtual team of 8 data analysts to help the Finance function better understand all operational metrics to evaluate our business.
- Categorized and governed business metadata for over 300 data measures across 4 Fidelity divisions.
Director, Data Management FESCo 2007 – 2009
- Managed a team of 4 data analysts to create one of the first Fidelity data management centers of excellence based on industry norms.
Consultant Systems Analyst (Data Management) FESCo 2006 – 2007
Principal Systems Analyst FESCo 2005 – 2006
Lead Architecture Analyst FESCo 2003 – 2005
Strata Information Group. San Diego, CA Senior Consultant 2000 – 2003
- Business process and system implementation consulting for 14 domestic clients throughout the US.
Bentley University (College). Waltham, MA 1990 – 1993
- Bachelor of Science, Finance
- GPA – 3.62
- Completed degree in 3 years.
- Fidelity Cares (Best In Class status 2014/15/16) 2012 – 2017
- President, Temple Emanu-El. Haverhill, MA 2004 – 2005
- Executive committee and board member 1999 – 2007
- Active in skiing, rock climbing, hiking, mountain biking, ultimate frisbee, running, parkour
- Interests include: house projects, home theatre, politics and history, blogging
- Books Read
- Current study – Python (Lynda.com)
- Founder and CEO TheMissionZone