I love the over-riding theme in the movie High Fidelity where they keep naming the top 5 songs for some given circumstance. I listen to a lot of music, but I just couldn’t come up with music lists that easily. Besides, I don’t really remember lyrics. I focus more on genre and the artist, being critical at random times. You’ve seen the 4-Song Set rules, I can be pretty critical
But I do know movies. And so I thought I would list off my top 5 favorite movies of all time.
- Grosse Point Blank – I am a big Cusack fan, and this dark comedy is nothing short of brilliant. The movie has action, comedy and romance. What more can you ask? Not to mention, this is my dream life 🙂 A hit-man goes home for his 10 year high school reunion while one of his ‘competitors’ is trying to unionize the assassin industry. I can watch it over and over
- The Matrix Trilogy – Movies that make you think are awesome. And I am a sucker for SciFi. If you ask me, the Wachowski’s redefined everything with this one, and not just because of bullet -time. (side note- props to them for coming out) The subtleties, the twists, an amazing soundtrack, the way this movie, the MMORPG game and the back story videos all come together, is the future of entertainment.
- Indiana Jones – When a movie combines the real world, history, archaeology, religion, mystery, science, math and obstacle course-like adventure…I’m sold.
- Forbidden Planet – Of course you haven’t seen it. My dad might be the only one I know who has. I use the reference “monsters of the ID” all the time, but no one gets it. Leslie Nielsen in a straight role? Awesome.
- The Family Man – In all seriousness, this is closer to my dream life. I love this story, and Don Cheadle kills. But yes, Tea Leoni is what does it for me. I’m a big fan.
I know the girls will ask why I don’t include Holy Grail, Red, Top Gun and Mr Right (their favorites). Holy Grail, Top Gun and Point Break (the original one) were on the list at some time or another. But have since dropped off. I watch a lot of movies and I think the movie is an enduring form of entertainment that will continue to stand the test of time. You can learn a lot about people by the kinds of movies they like. While I want to revolutionize the experience, the core of telling a great story and visualizing the experience, makes it something that I will always love doing with friends and family…and Sara’s precious popcorn 🙂